Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cheyenne, Again...

Sorry to have missed the last couple days, but I've had a lot on my mind (in addition to mucho school work).

The big knot on Cheyenne's head has come back, and it's hard this time (not "mushy" like it was before). The vet is concerned, and I'm taking her in for X-rays and a biopsy on Friday. If we're lucky, it's just a strange hematoma that's healing oddly, and can be dealt with non-invasively. If we're not lucky, some type of surgery will be needed. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, presently, but it's exerting some pressure on the skull, which would only get worse with time. Worst case, it could be something very bad. With an active, healthy, 2 1/2 year old dog, it better not be -- I know I certainly couldn't deal with something bad, especially after what I went through with my beloved Gypsy up 'til her death in March, 2007.

So please, send some good vibes our way. :-)

On the gaming front, I'm headed over to Mike's for some Warriors of God tonight. Then, on Sunday, I have a 4-player Successors game planned. Thursday night there's a Sabres game. Just need to keep my mind occupied so I won't worry...

Thanks for listening.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, hope things work out for the best!

Anonymous said...

sending "good vibes"..........

Anonymous said...

Good vibes from here too. Archie and Sprocket hope for good news about Cheyenne.

Mr. W said...

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it!

(And so does Cheyenne!)

Anonymous said...

Rob

I would not stress or worry until there is something to worry about. it's not good for your health, yet I understand what you are going through.

I have a Nephew that has two sons. One of them has been battling Tumors all his life ( he is 7 ) and they found one attached to his side and on his spine. They removed it and he will be crippled, but they also found more in his chest and kidney's. He is not suppose to make passed this week. Putting things in prospective.

Cory

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear it, Rob! Will keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Hoping for the best, buddy! TN

Mr. W said...

Thanks to all!

The lump seems to have shrunk a little, though it's still hard as a rock (or bone).

We will find out tomorrow...