Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Da Raiders, Gaming, and the Great Outdoors...

Well, the living zombie Davis finally fired the best coach he's had since Gruden. A talented team that will probably languish in another 4-12 season. Davis has gone from football genius to football joke, and I hung on for way too long. The man is a complete bag of shit, and, frankly, that's being unfair to bags of shit. I still want to bleed silver and black, but I really can't do that anymore without feeling really dirty. No, I'll start rooting for the Toronto, uh, Barfalo Bills as my #1...

Ugh, my favorites (or former favorites as long as Davis lives) in football give me pause to hate the game. Between Oakland in the NFL and Syracuse in the NCAA, 2 proud franchises have certainly hit rock bottom. At least there's nowhere to go but up. At least I think that has to be the case...


Keep laughing, baby, you're free!

Played Poker the other night at a work friend's house, and even though I was exhausted and light-headed from the bug, I hung in there, finishing just out of the money. I lost my chance to make it into 3rd position (out of 8) when I went all in with A/Q of hearts. Of course, the flop had a 9 in it, and the other guy's call of unsuited A/9 beat me, as a 2nd 9 came up on the river. Ugh again! It was fun, and I had time to watch the end of the football game...

Tonight is Warriors of God at Mike's place. We did the "Lion in Winter" scenario last time, so I guess we'll tackle the "100 Years War" this evening. Then on Saturday, "Mr. BACSIM" is hosting the Buffalo group's 4th Anniversary bash. I will be there, and even Mike threatens the same! I hope to get in a 4-player Successors, and with a bigger than usual crowd, this just might happen. I'll bring that and a few other games, and happily get into anything.

Tomorrow and Friday the 6th graders on my team are out in Rush, NY for "Outdoor Education." The kids are put on teams of 11 or 12, and perform 12 team activities over a 2-day period (they stay overnight on Thursday). I'll be heading up the Ropes course, where they have to work as a team to overcome obstacles involving, you got it, ropes! They have a lot of fun, and, frankly, so do I, but it is exhausting! I think I'll be crashing at about 6:00 PM Friday so I'll be able to drive to Buffalo Saturday morning.

Only downside is the predicted weather. Low/mid 50s and intermittent rain. Gotta remember to bring my umbrella and silicone my boots this evening...

And if I don't get a post in tomorrow (I will try...), it's because I was at the camp all day, so give me a break!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for the "Raiders". Didn't John Madden coach them in the 70's.
Glad to hear you've come to the Dark side.

Now, from what I have watched on the Buffalo weather it's supposed to be suny with high clouds. But who am I to stop you from Siliconing your boots.

I left this message on Consim,, but if I read the rules to the original Successors are the rules that much different?. At least I will have a foot up on them.

Mr. W said...

Get the latest rules from the GMT website -- there are some significant changes...

Cazart! said...

The Greatness of The Raiders will not be denied. I just keep telling myself that year after year of frustration while waiting for Al to die, or um.. pass the torch.

He is resembling a zombie more each day. Caught him last weekend with the slack jaw drooling stare of a heavily medicated 80 year old who has has some high mileage.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! Call in sick tomorrow, throw a change of clothes in the car and get to Buckeye Game Fest! What's wrong with you???? :-0

Mr. BACSIM said...

So, which would you prefer?

1) The current state of the Raiders?

2) To be a Raider's fan at that Bill's playoff game in the early 90's?

Anonymous said...

Neither, I would rather be home and not working,,,,period!!

I guess I will be one of the guys to play the new Successors if you will let me. Unless there is someone who knows the game I would not want to be the only newbie to slow things down.

Cory

Mr. BACSIM said...

Darn that Winslow! Dragging me into yet another game.

I read through the Successors rules last night. I'll get a bit more on them tonight. I'm sure you'll need to go over some bits, but I'm available for the game on Saturday.

Mr. W said...

Al Davis just needs to die.

And with 3 rings, I can only feel bad for ringless Barfalo fans!

BGF one of these years...

And Successors MUST be played!