Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Late Days...

Even with all the volunteering for various stuff at school that I do, it's not enough, LOL! Today, there is the 5th Grade "visit/orientation" to the Middle School, and I had planned on skipping this since they had more than enough people going. Unfortunately, a couple people had to drop out at the last minute, so I volunteered to fill in during the 4:00-5:15 session, as warm bodies were needed. Ugh... I have the beginning of the Combat Commander Stalingrad Campaign planned for tonight at my place, 6:30ish. I haven't cleaned the game room up, thinking I'd be doing it now -- even worse, the "Rubble" counters are still unpunched (and clipped!). Will I be able to get to it on time?????

(Oh yeah -- if I leave now and come back, I'm told I won't find a parking space! 5th Grade parents are always worried about the jump to the Middle School, so it's a packed house...)

I still have to pick up Cheyenne from doggie camp after the 5th Grade stuff, then run a couple of errands, so I'll be cutting it close...

The weather here is turning nice, enough so that the A/C at the school was finally on today. Thankfully. My room gets really hot without it, even though a few girls always seem to be cold...

~5 weeks and counting (29 days with students, actually, then 2 more without), I think I can do it, I think I can, I think I can...

6 comments:

boston fan said...

of course you can

Halifax Pete said...

There's just something wrong about clipping rubble counters.

And my code word for this post is 'wootiver', which I think is a pretty cool word.

Robin said...

of course you can and then enjoy long lazy days of summer while the rest of us slave away....

Robin

Mr. W said...

Clipping counters, all summer long.

Wootiver!

Boston fan said...

still volunteering I see....

and gloating ;)

but NOT posting on your own f'n blog.............

Mr. W said...

OK, I'll get a quick post in...