Monday, February 16, 2009

NBW Combat Commander Tourney

GMT Games was kind enough to send me a box full of prizes for a Combat Commander tourney, and John Foley sent me instructions on how to get a "free-form" tourney up and running. Basically, folks were asked to play 4 games (later we knocked this requirement down, as it was clear not everyone could get in 4 games, based on other commitments), play the same opponent no more than twice, and stick to Europe, Med, or Paratroop (though Stalingrad was available by mutual consent, and we modified this to include Pacific, as well).

In the end, 15 "Combat Commanders" fought it out over a host of scenarios. The Scenarios played (many were played multiple times) were:

Europe:
1
3
4
6
7
8
9
Med:
13
14
15
20
22
23
24
Paratroop:
28
Stalingrad:
35
Pacific:
A
B
C

I do have many stats, such as who won what scenario, but they are incomplete, as not everyone provided all the information asked for. So, instead of posting incomplete statistics here, I'll list the participants, their final tourney score, and the prizes received, courtesy of GMT:

1. Rob Winslow (blush!): 20 points, CC:Europe*, Pacific Typhoon
2. Francois Petitclerc: 12, CC:Med, Pacific Typhoon
3. Nels Thompson, 10, Paratroop, C3i #21
4. Robin Griller, 9, Pacific Typhoon
5. Michael Kiefte, 8, Stalingrad
6. Marty Sample, 8, C3i #21
7. Ernie Lo, 6, C3i #21
8. Jeff Heidman, 6, DiF - Fighter Pack
9. Jeffrey Wilson, 4, DiF - Fighter Pack
10. Don Macintosh, 2, DiF - Bomber Pack
11. Cory Wells, 2, DiF - Bomber Pack
12. Jeromey Martin, 1, DiF - Bomber Pack
13. Marc Guenette, 1, DiF - Bomber Pack
14. Larry Sisson, 1, DiF - Fighter Pack
15. Jeff McBeth, 1, DiF - Fighter Pack

* I plan to donate my CC:E set to the first "newbie" who shows interest in the game at my local club. Fresh blood, yum!

Everyone had a lot of fun, and I certainly learned some new tricks for the future. Now, I have to break out CC:Pacific and start getting decent with those forces. So many scenarios, so little time...


Raising the Stars and Stripes at Iwo

So, thanks again to GMT for providing great prizes, and thanks to everyone who participated. Onto 2010!

5 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I doubt it matters, but the game Jeff H and I played was scenario 8, which wasn't listed on your summary

Mr. W said...

Indeed it was -- I overlooked that when I was getting ready to post the scenarios played.

Fixed!

Kwebec said...

Damn it W, get your act together !!!

I wish I could have played more games. Next year, we should attempt to come in on Wednesday.

Last Sunday a frined and I started the Campaign proposed in Stalingrad, I should try to write a small report on that. I can say that some maps are unforgiving

Mr. W said...

I hope to get into the Stalingrad Campaign at some point, Marc. I will be interested in your thoughts, once you've played.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!