Friday, September 26, 2008

Another Day, Another Penny...

Yes, today is payday -- and it's needed! With all the work being done on the house, it seems that my money slips away from me way too quickly. And I'm not sure we'll even get the house on the market this year (I'd say less than 50-50 now). So much to do, so little time.

Today, I think I'll just lay out some random ramblings. But please, no comparisons to Larry King...

I want to play Successors this weekend. I doubt I'll be able to rustle up 3 others on a short time frame, though...

Frankly, I'd be happy to get any gaming in this weekend...

Looking forward to Cake on Sunday night...

The Naples Grape Festival is this weekend. I may sneak down for a bit on Saturday...


Grape pies are good, very good...

I need to get into shape...

The two previous thoughts don't work together...

I need to practice "Heel" with Cheyenne this weekend...

I have an urge to get a tattoo...

I love Crocs and need to buy some new pairs...

Having a Smartboard in the classroom is clutch...

Al Davis still needs to die...

Baseball continues to bore the Hell out of me...

Hockey will soon be starting -- Go Sabres!...

I really don't care if the debate between McCain and Obama happens tonight, or not...

I want to go steelhead fishing...

I'd love to win the Lotto...

Ocracoke continues to be my favorite vacation...

I hope we get snow by Halloween...

I detest texting on cellphones...

Hell, I detest cellphones (though they're turning into a necessary evil)...

I need to get more sleep on school nights...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about trying to win Cake tickets on BER this morning.

But I'm very leery of the acoustics at the armory, I was driving, and I'm not a huge fan.

You might not miss much by not selling this year.

Mr. W said...

I have loved Cake since the mid-90s, and always wanted to see them. I'm willing to put up with any bad acoustics...

I do realize that waiting until spring to sell might not be a bad thing, except for Deanna's commute, and a mortgage that is too big...

Anonymous said...

>>Grape pies are good, very good...
<<

I hear they are Grape ( ooppss!) I mean Great.

Steelhead ?

They should be coming into the streams real soon.

"I want a Musky like my brother in Law got"!!!.

Mr. W said...

I want a musk ox -- I hear they hit on those wiggly jigs...

Mr. BACSIM said...

You should get a tattoo of "Al Davis must die". Even better -- "Al Davis must die in a fiery crash with Jerry Jones!"

Quite frankly, I think you'd be better off waiting till next spring to put the house on the market. Mortgages are never going to be harder to get than now, and prices reflect that.

I try very *very* hard to not think about what we've spent on the house and what still needs to be spent. Brrrrrr......

Anonymous said...

Hockey will soon be starting

Go Bruins




(like they'll win anything.........)

Anonymous said...

>> Go Bruins <<

Yes, I thing the Bruins should go also.

Musk-ox are great but you have to land troll for them. When they hit they run lie hell to. Did I mention thier good eating.

I'll be in Huntsville, AL today Ya'll.

Mr. W said...

We may very well end up waiting for spring to sell. More work done today (door painting) -- it never ends...

Mr. W said...

I'm looking forward to hockey starting. The pressure's off the Sabres this year, so I imagine they'll have a great year (but I think they'll fight Montreal for 2nd in the division -- Ottawa will still give them fits, I think).

Mr. W said...

Mmmm...

Musk ox in Huntsville!

Mr. BACSIM said...

Hmm, I dunno. Up until last year, it was the Sabres that gave Ottawa fits, not the other way around.

Anonymous said...

Go Leafs!

Somebody had to say it. I'm guessing they'll finish 26th overall this year, though I'm rooting for 30th and the #1 draft pick next year, though the bastiges will probably trade it away.

The hockey pool starts anytime in my CSW blog, by the way. I've got all the info, just need time to post things, but I've been called home as Dad was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday. The bugger's too stubborn to die, but he'll be in the hospital for a bit.

Mr. W said...

Sorry about your Dad, Pete, but it sounds as though you think he'll be OK.

Looking forward to defending my title in the hockey pool!

Anonymous said...

6-8 weeks in the hospital. He's discouraged, but he'll live. :)

How's Conquest of Paradise grab you for a prize this year?

Mr. W said...

Conquest of Paradise?

I'm holding out for the Gamers Tunisia!

I played the published CoP twice (have it), and it's OK. I like the designer, but I don't feel that the game has much "oomph." Right about when different tribes start bumping into each other, the game ends.

D'oh!

On the other hand, maybe you could request a $5 entry fee then get a Bunker Hill Games gift certificate or something?

Anyway, it's fun beating the Upper and Lower Canadians at their game, regardless of the prize. Hehe! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I'd have to ask people to mail cash though, since any fees for cashing money orders would soon eat up all the entry fees. However, if you stick a fiver in an envelope, nicely folded into a couple pieces of paper, it should get past the posties okay.

Mr. W said...

Sending a 5-spot in the mail should be no problem. Hell, I could give you mine in Niagara!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I may not be there. :(

Mr. W said...

Whaaaaaat?!?!