Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Warriors of God...

Played WofG with Mike last night. We randomly rolled up the "Lion in Winter" scenario, and rolled for sides -- Mike got France, I got England. The first few turns were close, but on turn 3 or 4 Mike lost most of his leaders, and it went downhill for him, quickly. My English were able to get control of large swaths of France, as well as the entire British Isles, so we called it after turn 8, with VPs at British 28. 30 is an auto victory, and I was netting 7 VPs per turn -- not a lot Mike could do at that point. He pulled off his best "I can't roll these damn dice" imitation well, rolling low for everything EXCEPT area control, where one wants to roll low, LOL!). His leader death rolls were low (except for guys rotting in prison), and his battle rolls were hideous. I keep on telling him he needs to stick to with games where low rolls are good, but then he'd probably roll high there...

Anyway, we had fun, and I enjoyed a few pints of Brooklyn Brewing Company's Oktoberfest.

I continue to be sucked into Successors, finding a misprint in the rules which was answered on CSW. I may even set it up solitaire to try a few things out. But what I really need is another 4-player game, and soon! Slow players need not apply, however...

This coming Sunday, Deanna and I have tickets to see Cake. I've always wanted to see these guys live, and they hold a special place in our hearts, as we got together while listening to one of their albums. My only worry is that I'll be the old fart in the crowd!

Anyway, getting through "Humpday" is always a bonus, and I'm enjoying most of the kids I have this year. Now, onto grading!

No comments: