Thursday, March 19, 2009

Revving up Gaming (and March Madness!) Again...

Got in a couple turns of Sicily last night with Mike (we started late, and called it quits earlier than usual). The invasion is making inroads, but Mike is now mucking up key points on the pathetic road network -- something I'll have to deal with the whole game. It'll be a race to see how fast I can move vs. how fast he can evacuate units to the Mainland (so I don't get points for eliminating and/or isolating them). A very interesting game.

Spartacus will get a play (at least!) at Saturday's Millennium meet. Looking forward to that, and whatever else hits the table there. It'll be nice to just kick back for a day and just play.

For NCAA hoops, this is the best time of the year! I really enjoy "March Madness," and have made my picks in several pools. I NEVER do well in these pools, so you may want to pick opposite of me, LOL! For some early round upsets, I have Mississippi State over Washington, Western Kentucky over Illinois, and Temple over Arizona State. My Final Four is Louisville, Memphis, Pitt, and North Carolina. I have Pitt beating Louisville in an all Big East final. But, no matter what happens, it will be fun! Syracuse should make a good run, we'll see if Boeheim can let the athletes play without screwing things up...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weekend

Anonymous said...

Basketball. Give 'em each 100 points and set the clock at 2 minutes. :)

Anonymous said...

heathen

Halifax Pete said...

HAR!

:)