Tuesday, March 10, 2009

School and Yuck...

This is turning out to be a pain in the butt week at school. First of all, we lost an hour of sleep this weekend -- I know, I know, we all did, but... I've gotta be in my classroom by around 7:15 each day -- that's almost 2 hours earlier than the real world. And I'm a late night kind of guy... Secondly, mid-term progress reports are due on Wednesday. I've procrastinated for as long as I can... Finally, we have New York State Math testing Wednesday and Thursday. Always throws a monkey wrench into things. So, I'm even more tired than usual, and have a lot more work to do. This means I probably won' be able to play Sicily with Mike this week. Dang... We went through the learning scenario (U.S. landings only) last week -- I just need to reread the rules and I should be good to go.

I've also been feeling really rundown lately. I'm sure it's just a combination of lack of sleep, too much stress, and getting old, but I really want to feel better...

I'll shoot for Friday being a good day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday,


the 5th Monday of the week


I'll think of you when I'm getting to work at 0700

Anonymous said...

Rob I feel your pain...

Anonymous said...

I used to be at work and on my second coffee my 0715. Fortunately things are a little easier these days as I move into my dotage. Those early morning shift work hours are for the young 'uns!

Mr. W said...

I'd never worked a job before in my adult life where I had to be in the office before 9:00!

Anonymous said...

When I was at the hotline, if you were two minutes late you'd get a reprimand. Somedays I would start at 7:00.

Let's not talk about getting to the airport at 6:00 am either, though that's pretty rare.

But, I'm getting over DST, too. At least it gave me an extra hour to drink wine last night, before sundown.

Richard Simon said...

My heart bleeds for you. I'm out the door at 6:15 AM. (getting up when it's dark sucks!)

Mr. W said...

I'm feeling the love... ;-)

Anonymous said...

How about getting up at 4:00 AM to make a flight at 7:00 AM.

Getting up at the crack of Dark sucks.

Mr. BACSIM said...

You'd feel much better if you had come to BACSIM last week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Grant
I was in Dallas and Corpus Christi last weekend.
Yes, I would feel better is I was at Bacsim

Cory

Mr. W said...

I wish I could have made BACSIM...

:-(

Anonymous said...

I get to work when I get to work... it's tough....my staff all have to be there at 7:30 a.m., but they don't have the appropriate sympathy for me arriving at 9/9:30.... bastards.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Here's something that'll cheer you up Rob. Lewd says "And I've been long planning a larger scaled Russian Front game, myself. The unit/counter mix would have an unconventional gradient. Scale would probably be 20-24 miles per hex."

Dark Crusade II, and it'll be kick-ass big! :)

Mr. W said...

Maybe Robin can play Lewd's game when he shows up to work late -- the ultimate punishment!

Man, for an idiot, this guy keeps going and going...