Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lilacs...


Took a beautiful, relaxing walk with Cheyenne and Deanna last night through Highland Park. Most of the lilacs are past peak, but many other flowers are in full bloom (as are some lilacs), especially the azaleas. Cheyenne met about 10 other dogs, so she was quite excited!

Spring truly is something to savor in this town.

Today I need to take Cheyenne up to Irondequoit shortly to run (and this is a good excuse for me to stop at Starbucks). I'm also close to finishing "Little Stalker." This book has been expensive, with gas prices and all, not to mention the fine I'll have to pay! Then I need to do some work around the homestead, as our upcoming move means we've got to get this place shining! Next game on the horizon is probably Thirty Years War by GMT. I played this when it first came out, 5 or 6 years ago, and was disappointed in how it played. But the rules have been redone, and several folks whose opinion I trust seem to like it, so it's certainly worth another try.

8 comments:

Msample said...

Nice to see a more focused version of the classic Winslow Blog .

Saw your comments on the Israeli game - Alan is at CSW Expo so I'll check it out.

Like the picture of Cheyenne . Was over at a friedns house yesterday who just got a three month old Golden Retriever puppy . Nothing will reduce an adult to a childish state quicker than a puppy...

I have too been wondering about giving 30YW another spin - Here I Stand kind of got me curious about the era, and I had also heard the rules were re-done . Be a welcome change of pace .

So many new CDG coming up . Kutuzov, a new version of Nappy War ( which will hopefully clean up the mess of the first one ) Unhappy King Charles, and others .

So little time.

Mr. W said...

I agree, Marty, nothing like a puppy to melt a man's heart.

I won a copy of Thirty Year's War in the CSW hockey pool that Pete Bartlett was running, so I gave it to my friend Bill (since I already had one). Seems worth giving another shot to, especially if expectations are low.

Jason Schmidt said...

Nice to see you have a permanent beachhead again, Rob. Added to my favorites.

Cheyenne is a happy-looking pup, ain't she?

Mr. W said...

Cheyenne pretty much epitomizes that Internet post going around, "Dog's Diary vs. Cat's Diary." Everything to Cheyenne is, "Yay! My favorite thing!"

Anonymous said...

> Seems worth giving another shot to, especially if expectations are low. <

Fine !, now your saying it might be good. I had a chance to buy this game cheap and turned it down after you poo-pooed it.

Rob, you are so "Wishey Washey".
Now what am I gonna do ???

Mr. W said...

It was just circumstances, Cory, circumstances...

If I hadn't won the game in Pete Bartlett's hockey pool, we wouldn't be playing.

Anonymous said...

Rob
So this is the new hang out ?.
I have to keep following you around and finding out where you are. Does Bob T. know of this place ?.

Still working and not much time for anything and the best fishing time is now. Damnnnn !!!

Mr. W said...

I still go to CSW, but not nearly as much -- too many "personalities" there I can do without.

I believe Bob knows of my new digs...