Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little Stalker...

Stayed up too late last night -- a school night -- playing more Israeli Independence and watching the Lakers beat the Spurs in game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. I lost 20 straight games as the Israelis (using the "advanced" rules, which add 2 more cards to the deck and the rules for 3 additional Israeli offensives). Rolling poorly in this game doesn't help...

Deanna, my wife, is subbing in my district today, at the elementary school where I spent 9 years prior to moving to the middle school. She also got a 2nd interview with Pal-Mac (Palmyra-Macedon) where she has to teach a lesson to 8th Grade English students. I hope she gets the job as she'll be a wonderful teacher and the job hunt is really stressing her out.

I've just been riding around (great idea with gas prices so high, d'oh!) with Cheyenne, trying to finish up the book on CD I'm listening to. It's Little Stalker by Jennifer Belle. A fun listen to while driving. Anyway, I'm about to do something I've never done before -- intentionally keep library property past its due date. OK, there was the incident at the University of Rochester my junior year, but that was for survival... But back to Little Stalker. It's due tomorrow and I still have a CD and a half to go. I'll finish this weekend and turn it back in a few days late. With all I've done in my 46 years, I can safely say I've never tried to "cheat" the public library before. I think the problem is that I've been driving less, due to gas prices, so my listening time is cut down. At home, I can;t listen to a book, reading only.

No comments: