Saturday, May 31, 2008

The story of my life...


Well, with summer approaching, I know I really, really need to start eating healthier and exercise more. I'm at a stage of life where it ain't so easy anymore to shed "winter poundage" and get into "summer shape."

So, starting today, I pledge to get back into reasonable shape. I plan to eliminate non-healthy snacks (I'll stick to fruit or veggies), eat as little meat as possible (for humane reasons, as well as health reasons), and really ramp on the fruits and veggies. Also, I need to make time for exercise everyday, even if it's just a long walk with Cheyenne.

Getting on the scale this morning, I had what I'd call an "epiphany," so I'm definitely ready to go, and, for me, that's always been 3/4 of the battle. Besides, by publicly posting this, I know I'll have to follow-through...

3 comments:

Dave Shaw said...

Good luck, Rob. Lord knows it isn't easy. Here's hoping your will power is better than mine!

Anonymous said...

easy steps to losing weight:

1. Go to game convention.
2. Get incredible pain in stomach that doesn't go away after you throw up.
3. Have doctor in emergency tell you to stay away from fat.
4. Have family doctor tell you any of the stones in your gall bladder could lodge in the wrong place and perhaps kill you.
5. Go to surgeon who tells you he's going on vacation but he'll take care of you when he gets back.

Guaranteed 20 pounds easy. Problem is, it all comes back after you can eat like a normal human being again :-(

One serious piece of advice. Just do it. Don't be good for a couple of days, then go out and have a double cheeseburger "as a reward for being good." Lay off the Genny Screamers for a few weeks. A goal helps: Lose xx pounds by WBC?

Mr. W said...

I'll do my best -- I really need to...

And, hopefully, I'll keep my internal organs!

Though now that I think of it...