Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jazzfest and Key Limes...

Just a Zyzzyva quickie today, as all indications portend this to be a very busy day!

First off, Deanna and I will be going to the beautiful Eastman Theater tonight to see Boz Scaggs, as part of Rochester's Jazzfest. I look forward to nice evening with Boz and the boyz.

Here's a little Lowdown for y'all...




Before that, however, I have a "Math" meeting at a teacher's house after school. Everybody's bringing food, I was tasked with dessert for 8. So I made a Key Lime Pie last night, drizzled with chocolate.

Basic recipe is quite easy (I use a pre-made Oreo pie crust instead of graham cracker -- more chocolate!):

3 Egg Yolks
14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Key Lime Juice

Mix together well, pour into pie shell. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Drizzle melted dark chocolate over the top as it's cooling. Refrigerate overnight, serve the next day.

Yum!

Not exactly mine, but close (and the filling looks just like mine):


And Medieval Day tomorrow -- wish this "Mad Scientist Monk" luck!

No comments: