Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Solstice has come and gone...


Alice Cooper -- "School's Out:"


Well, technically, we seem to have had our longest day a few days back, so it's all downhill from here, eh?  The dark days of winter approach.

Wait a second, not quite yet...

Wrapping things up at school -- end of term grades can be a real bear, and now is when parents begin harassing you about "placement for next year."  Then off to have a spot of fun.

Sent my Aunt off last night with a nice party.  Greek food and a lot of wine made everyone happy.  Man, I just love baba ghanoush!

Bill is coming by today to play Thirty Years War.  I think I need to be hyper-aggressive with the Protestants early on and see what happens.

I'm still at a loggerheads, trying to decide what games to pack away and what games to have available.  Of course, I want them all available, but that ain't gonna work, so I do need to decide.

Moving sucks, but at least life with Deanna should get better, as it'll just be her and me, for the most part.

Praise Allah for that...

10 comments:

Mr. BACSIM said...

"baba ghanoush" -- Wasn't he one of those 60's hippy guru's?

Mr. W said...

Yes.

A tasty one!

Msample said...

So where are you going to live while all your stuff is packed up ?

So about two weeks after packing up about 3 dozen games for sale at WBC, I have spent just about all the money I'll get on new ones, mainly non wargames . I think I need to check into a clinic....

Mr. W said...

The Charles S. Roberts wing of the Betty Ford Clinic...

My boxes will either be in the basement or in storage -- not sure yet...

Msample said...

It goes without saying make sure that they are stored in something waterproof and airtight...except for all those Avalanche and Critical Hit games you have been hoarding .

So you are just tidying up all the "clutter" by packing away games I take it ?

I am already starting to get the WBC itch....

Mr. W said...

I'm using big ol' plastic recycling ins with snap-on lids.

Our real estate people are really into "home staging." Games on shelves make the room look cluttered...

Oh well.

Anonymous said...

At least we didn't have any "Geeky shinny, satin costumes". That clip is so late 70's. I think I like Alice now in his checkered golfing pants.

So Rob,, when are you out for good ?.

Cory

Mr. W said...

Tomorrow (Thursday) is it for me, Cory.

I didn't have any satin costumes, either, though I wore a brown leisure suit for my high school yearbook picture. I was "John Travolta" cool!

Anonymous said...

Hassling about placement? About 7th grade placement?

Dang, those suburbs have it easy. We were hassling about 7th grade placement in 5th grade.

Mr. W said...

Everybody's a friggin' genius...