Saturday, June 28, 2008

Morning errands...

After I showered and shaved this morning, I remembered that I had thrown out my old toothbrush yesterday and not replaced it. So, add "buy new toothbrush" to the list of errands.

I told Cheyenne we were going for a ride, so she happily hopped in the car, and off we went. As I was pulling out of the driveway, thinking of all the quick stops I'd have to make here and there, I suddenly realized that today and tomorrow a local game store, Millennium, was having a clearance sale in their annex (the empty storefront a couple doors down that our group meets in). So, after a quick stop at Starbucks, off we went.

There was a lot of "stuff" there. Unfortunately, it was either junk (4 copies of Alpha Omega?), or I already had a copy (2 Struggle of Empires or 1 Clash of Titans, among others). There were a ton of old euros there, too, including some goodies I already have, such as Mississippi Queen. The majority of the annex, however, was taken up by Collectible Card Games (CCGs), figures, and role-playing supplements. Amazing how much of that stuff is out there...

In the end, I picked up a mint, unpunched copy of Legends of Robin Hood for $5. Figured I could use it in class next year (maybe) when we do the Middle Ages. A few other games were tempting, but I boldly held off...

Now, back to packing up books and games, with the carrot of Poker at Seneca Niagara keeping me moving forward.

And, oh yeah, I still have to brush my teeth...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr W, I'm back on this continent at last - sorry for the silence. For what it was, I really enjoyed Robin Hood with the kids. Great times.

Hope you and Deanna and Cheyenne are well.

Anonymous said...

I gotta remember that one: "Honey, I need a new toothbrush!" and then run out and buy some games. Sounds perfect.

But...

"Legends of Robin Hood"
This one? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1695
Excellent! (Bigamy rule!)

Or this one...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1580
Not Quite So Excellent...

Mr. W said...

Welcome back, John!

And as for which Robin Hood game, click on the link -- I think it's the first one you posted there...

Anonymous said...

Jawohl, das ist der Gutes Spiel!

Mr. W said...

My plan seems to be working...