Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yellowjackets and lack of sleep...

Yes, Bill and I finished up our Thirty Years War game last evening -- it came down to the final card play.  I will write up the AAR tomorrow or this weekend, it was an exciting finish (and Central Europe lay in ruins, literally).  We'll be trying it again, in a week or two, I believe.

I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Partly my fault for going to bed too late, partly just the fact that I'm a very light sleeper and the neighborhood's been noisy these past few nights (horns honking at 3:00 AM, dogs barking -- which sets Cheyenne off, cats fighting, etc.).  The evenings have been cooling down, so the windows have been open.  Ah, well, I think I'm gonna catch a nap this afternoon and try to get a little more energy.  I need it...

And this morning, as I get in my vehicle, a mad yellowjacket was buzzing around.  I'd left the windows open an inch or so and the thing got in but couldn't figure out how to get out.  After a night away from the hive, it was tired (I imagine) and hungry.  I opened all the windows and began driving.  It wouldn't leave,  By the time I got to school, I had to wait in the parking lot open 2 doors, and chase it out with an umbrella.  It finally left me, and I didn't get stung.

So I guess it could have been worse.

I hate yellowjackets, especially when I'm tired...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yellow Jackets are one of the bugs that I still fear.

Anonymous said...

Just smoosh the bastard and be done with it.

Mr. W said...

I've always hated yellowjackets, even though I went to college (University of Rochester) where the team's nicknames are "Yellowjackets!"

And I would have smooshed the dang thing if it had landed for more than 2 seconds at a time. it was ticked off and buzzing around the interior of the vehicle at a high rate of speed...

Mr. W said...

On another note, I hope to get the last 4 turns of the Thirty Years War game Bill and I recently completed up today...

Charles Vasey said...

Yellowjackets: Wasps trained by Chuck Norris?

Mr. W said...

Hehe! They often act like that.