Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grindstone...

Break is over, woe is me!

I did have a pretty relaxing time. Played games both at home (Santa Fe Rails), at Grant Ladue's (Santa Fe Rails, Dominion, Ivanhoe, Galaxy), at Mike Cardwell's (Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage), as well as continuing my Texas Hold 'Em losing streak... At least I won about $20 last night, so maybe the end of my misery is in sight...

There are a lot of games I need to get on the table to be ready for the Niagara Boardgaming Weekend (NBW). Looking forward to getting away for 4 1/2 days of gaming, and it's only a month away! Last year, I played about 30 games at NBW, and I hope to surpass that total this year. I have procrastinated about getting a new passport (mine has expired), but I won't really need one until the summer, as a license and birth certificate will continue to do.

I'm not one for resolutions, but I really need to get back into a semblance of shape. Hopefully, now that the gluttony and lethargy of the holiday season is over, I can get started down a healthier path. I have some good motivation here, and that's key.

So, here's to a great 2009 -- the hope is for gaming, gaming, and more gaming, playing with and training Cheyenne, enjoying the great outdoors, and getting into shape. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to get more time in the great outdoors this year too, especially encased in ballistic nylon and leather, and behind lexan.

Plus the gaming thing.

Mr. BACSIM said...

If you count each individual playing of Dominion and Race for the Galaxy, you can probably break 100!

Msample said...

I am looking forward to Niagara Con as well . I have been playing a lot of new stuff lately ; will need to coordinate with others as to what games to bring, as baggage space is tight .

Do you own Dominion Rob ?

Mr. W said...

Yup, I own Dominion -- I really like it.

Anonymous said...

Have a good New year Rob!

Mr. W said...

Thank you, Mike, you too!

Unknown said...

I'm sure I'll have Dominion in tow as well...a very fun little game... I could easily spend the weekend playing nothing but quick card games (Dominion, Race for the Galaxy, Glory to Rome, Tichu anyone?, and so on....) and Combat Commander.....

Robin