Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Long Weekend...

Thank God for long weekends -- I really needed those 3 days...

It was pretty much a weekend of sloth and guy stuff.

Saturday: Went to Syracuse to watch the Orange play the hated Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I was one of 30,021, the largest college hoops crowd of the year. Something truly electric about being in a group that large for basketball. Syracuse didn't disappoint, winning the game 93-74. They looked like a final four team that afternoon -- so many weapons (5 players in double figures). Go 'Cuse! Got home around 4:00, and then headed out to Millennium. Only played 2 games, both Race for the Galaxy. Won one, came in second in another. I hadn't played with the expansion yet, and the new twists made this great game even more fun. Should probably talk about what those are, but I'm short on time...

Sunday: Got a little grading done, then watched 2 real good football games. I'm still having trouble saying "Arizona Cardinals" and "Super Bowl" in the same breath. I know a lot of people think Pittsburgh is going to blow them out, but I think we may be in for a good game. In the evening, I spent some time winning some more money on PokerStars.Net. I think I'm addicted there...

Monday: Slept in, played with Cheyenne, did more grading, and played way too much poker. I ended up making 2 bad calls, so, at the end of the day, instead of being up another $100 or so, I was actually down $20. Oh well, I continue to learn, and that's the most important thing. In one of my big losses, I had pocket kings and was sure I was ahead, based on the flop. But the guy bet like he had pocket aces. He hadn't been playing a strong game, so I was guessing he was betting something like pocket tens. As I continued to lure more of his money into the pot, I really told myself I should get out, as he probably does have aces. But I talked myself out of it, saying I was due for a big win. Luckily, he checked on the turn (why, I know not), and I at least held up (so no more cash went in the pot). Of course, he had pocket aces. Groan... Oh yeah, Pitt plastered Syracuse last night, so the shine of Saturday's win is now dulled a bit...

No comments: