Thursday, October 9, 2008

Doggie Bumps

Had today off school for Yom Kippur. Even though I'm not Jewish, I decided to atone for my sins. Therefore, I worked extra hard on cleaning up the gameroom...

Noticed a while back that Cheyenne has a big ol' goose egg on the top/back of her head. It doesn't bother her when I touch it, so she didn't bump into anything or get hit there, I don't think. She's been in the basement with me for most of the afternoon, so I'm guessing it's a spider bite. I gave her a Benadryl, and I hope this helps. After what I went through with Gypsy and her mast cell tumors, finding a big bump/lump on my dog is definitely something that can panic me.

I am headed over to Mike's tonight for some more Warriors of God. I think we're going to try the 100 Years War scenario again, and Mike's going to try to keep his leaders alive! I've gotta admit, I enjoy the game, chaotic as it is. Looking through my game collection, it's probably the best IGS game in my opinion. Fun is most important to me. And though the game is procedural heavy (something I tend to dislike in wargames), it isn't a bad thing here, as the game is so easy and light. I think the whole "procedural heavy" stuff really hurts more complicated games -- I just want to play the situation, not the rulebook!

Well, off to box up some old Avalon Hill stuff, then over to Mike's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the bump is nothing - it can be scary, but probably is as you suspect.

Good thing Catholics follow Jewish tradition - my son is off this Friday....

Mr. W said...

Quit your job and play full-time, Grant. You'll be caught up in a few years!

Mr. BACSIM said...

Yeah, but I'd be dead in a few weeks.

Mr. W said...

Bump's still there -- vet wants to give it the weekend to let it go down. If it doesn't, she'll draw some fluid for a biopsy on Monday.

Fingers crossed it's nothing...