Friday, October 10, 2008

Ile-de-France Rocks!

Mike and I played through 5 turns of Warriors of God last evening, and my French were up to 28 VPs (30 is a victory), so we decided to call it. A brutal game that was close early, then I got some lucky area control rolls which built up the "empire." Bertrand, the 4-3 leader, led an invasion of England, which gloriously succeeded. He promptly died, but there was enough strength in England to keep it French for a while, while 3 English noblemen rotted in French prison. Since the French were winning the battles and had the areas, we both saw the writing on the wall...

Damn fun game, and we plan to play again, switching sides. Finally, I'll get to be the "good guys!"

Cheyenne's head lump is still there -- she looks like a conehead from the old Saturday Night Live. But it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, so that's good. I have a vet appointment for 3:00 PM today, and I'm hoping a quick cortisone shot (or something) will get her back to normal. Poor girl...

My friend at work informed me this morning that she can't go to the Sabres/Canuks game next Friday (the 17th), so she offered me the tix for 1/2 price. Too cool, I couldn't say no! I'm looking forward to the NHL season getting started for Buffalo tonight vs. the Canadiens, as I'll hang out and watch it on the tube tonight. Deanna's going out with the 2 other English teachers on her team tonight, so I can have "manland" kick in. Go Sabres!

Funny thing about the NHL -- I really love watching the Sabres, but I wouldn't say I'm an NHL fan. When the Sabres aren't playing, I can't get really interested in the games. I enjoy the international game (bigger rinks, no fighting, penalties consistently enforced) much more, and hope the NHL keeps heading in this direction. But for now, I can't get real excited about an Anaheim/Philadelphia game. Oh well...

A 3-day weekend coming. I will continue to move/clean up my game room, as I've got a lot of cataloging to do. I'd also like to sell a bunch of stuff, gotta get moving on that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only three days? Our girls have four, good thing my parents are available.

Mr. W said...

We had Thursday off, so 4 days in 5 were "vacation."

Sabres are off to a good start, eh?

Mr. W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. W said...

Above "deletion" was me -- my first post came through twice. Nothing nefarious!