Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow!!!

Finally, winter has truly arrived. About 3" of snow in my driveway when I headed to work. The 7-day forecast has us staying cold, so I imagine what's down will stay, and we will probably get more. Snow day? One can hope...

Cheyenne really loves the snow. Last winter was (probably) her first winter with snow, as I don't think she got any in her first year (she was a Nashville pup). I've gotta get out and play with her today -- she loves catching snowballs.

The Sabres are on tonight vs. Boston, and this is turning into a huge early season game. If the Bruins win, they really begin to open up space. If Barfalo wins, the race becomes tight again. They (the Sabres) have not played well lately. I'm hoping they can shake out of their funk...

Tomorrow (Thursday), Bill Peeck is coming by for some Combat Commander. As much as I love this game, I haven't played for a couple months, at least! I've really got to be more on the ball about this. Also have to get the rules down for Sicily: Race for Messina, as I think Mike and I will be tackling that next week. Maybe I should just play more Combat Commander!

4 more workdays, then onto Thanksgiving break. Yee-ha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow made it here late yesterday afternoon, possibly the same system that gave you snow. There wasn't much, just a couple centimetres, but it's sticking which surprised me. We don't often get snow that stays this early in the year.

Mr. W said...

With the cold weather sticking around, the ground's definitley cold enough to have the white stuff stick...

Ron said...

What's with exiting the troops? They can come back? It's been too long since I've played.

Also, if you need a place to go in February, I'm telling you, PrezCon will cure what ails ya!

Mr. W said...

In CC, you can exit troops for victory points, PLUS they come back the next turn as reinforcements. So ya gotta guard your flanks and rear...

I would love to go to Prezcon, you know that, but it has to line up with my February Break, and it doesn't... :-(

Anonymous said...

Well, as my mother-in-law would say in her NYC accent ...

"Craaaaahhhhp!"

Mr. W said...

Me too... :-(