Friday, August 15, 2008

Post WBC Doldrums...


A few days ago, I started getting all plugged up, and just wrote it off to ragweed, as that bastard of a plant is sending its nastiness into the air early this year, according to the news. So I began popping Sudafed, yet I was feeling worse and worse.

Actually contracted a bit of a head cold, which is (finally) doing better after about 40 hours of sleep in the past 48. Looking forward to feeling right for the Millennium get-together tomorrow.

I am still "car-less," however, as the work won't get done until Saturday, it seems. So I'll be picking the RAV4 up on Monday -- more than a week after I broke down. When folks have you by the balls, you wish they'd be a little more considerate. Oh well, no sense it getting an aneurysm over something I can't control...

Back to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks Rob. Over a week without your wheels. Will it be done for sure Monday?

Mike

Charles Vasey said...

Nice WBC commentary, Rob. I don't like big gaming conventions very much so this is a way to enjoy them at a distance.

Anonymous said...

Charles

Smart of you because that's probably where Rob got his head cold from. All those bodies and Lord knows what people have there. But I would have thought the Alcohol would have killed it there.

Mr. W said...

I'm hoping the vehicle will be done on Monday -- the guy at the garage didn't answer the phone on Saturday, even though he told me to call.

Fecker.

Mr. W said...

Glad you enjoyed the WBC report, CV. Gave me something to write about upon my return.

I always enjoy WBC, though I think I'm getting less and less interested in competition and more and more interested in "friendly" gaming. I had a few good years of "competing," winning more than my share -- while I'll still play in some tourneys, I plan to look for more and more open gaming opportunities at WBC.

Mr. W said...

Yeah, Cory, you would've thunk all that alcohol would have killed any virus, dammit!