Monday, August 18, 2008

Williamsport, My Own Private Hell...

Williamsport currently has the Little League World Series. It also had my vehicle for the past 8 days.

I got it back today, finally.

Yay for me...

Cost me a lot of money and about 7 hours of my life.

I hate Williamsport...

Deanna and I packed Cheyenne in her van and left at about 9:30 this morning. After about an hour, we popped in a children's book, So B. It. She finished it on the way back, and said it was good, so I'll have to finish it myself sometime.

Around 11:30, got to the big Pennsyltucky rest stop in Tioga. Bathroom breaks for both Deanna and Cheyenne, then back to Route 15 S.

Got to Mansfield, PA a bit after noon. Stopped at McDonald's for lunch. I had the Caesar Salad -- it's actually pretty good. We bought a plain burger for Cheyenne since she was being so good, and gave it to her, bun-less. That pleased her greatly! Ate at a picnic table in a little park there.

Back on the road, and we hit Williamsport around 1:00. The address for the place was "East Willow," between 3rd an 4th. We found 3rd, then the next street was 4th. What the Hell?!?! Doubled back, and found that "East Willow" was an alley. Great, maybe the car guy's next to the abortionist...

We finally found him, by spotting my RAV parked in what looked to be an abandoned lot. I found the guy, and he told me how hard a job it was, as the underside of my engine was in bad shape due to weather (i.e. salt on the winter roads). I paid him, and, thankfully, the vehicle seemed to be working again.

We left the place with Cheyenne riding with me, and Deanna following.

My a/c didn't work.

It was 90F today.

Cheyenne and I were hot.

I think I'm refusing to ever stop again in Williamsport -- McDonald's, gas stations, etc. along the way will have to be in different towns.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selinsgrove has a big commercial strip, and even further down I think I saw an combined KFC and Taco Bell with an all you can eat buffet. Can you imagine a better culinary experience than all you can eat KFC/Taco Bell in central PA?

I was hoping for AC yesterday, too.

Mr. BACSIM said...

Don't punish poor Williamsport because of your crappy car!

We hit the barbecue place you see at the bottom of hill (I think it's Selinsgrove area). It was pretty good.

Anonymous said...

So how much did it come to?.
It must have been a lot for you to hate Williamport.

I was just telling my Wife the other day that the summer is almost gone and I have not been able to get down to go fishing with you. I mean the fall is coming up and I'll have more time and the steelhead and Salmon will be in, but you are stuck in school and we can only plan the weekends. I wanted to take you to one of the Finger lakes and fly fish for Bass. Not sure when you go back to work,, but I have a day on the 27th of Aug. Does that work for you?.

Anonymous said...

That was me Cory on the last post.
Sorry

Mr. BACSIM said...

Hmm, the fishing comment was a pretty strong tell Cory.

Mr. BACSIM said...

Of course, there is a highway bypass around Williamsport anyways, so you shouldn't be going through town either way.

Mr. W said...

KFC/Taco Hell combo -- I think that's in Lewisburg...

Yucko!

And if you're on Route 15, you still go through parts of Williamsport (like by the Little League W.S. Museum).

When I get to nuke towns, this will be on my list...

Mr. W said...

Cory,

August 27th should definitely work...

:-)

Mr. BACSIM said...

Rob, there is a bypass around Williamsport (180 I think) that is both quicker and keeps you from ever passing through any part of the town.

Anonymous said...

So when Shannon is President are you going to be Sec Def or Sec Ed ?

Mr. W said...

That 180 bypass takes one out of your way, unless you catch it half-way through, and there you're still going through South Williamsport...

Grrrr...

Mr. W said...

If nominated, I will not run...

If elected, I will not serve...

If I win Mega-Millions, I'm retiring to the Caribbean. Tomorrow...

Mr. BACSIM said...

Oh good lord. You go by South Williamsport at 75 miles an hour from the freeway. It's at least 5 minutes quicker than route 15 through the city. Cut back over on 80 south of the city and you're good to go.

Mr. W said...

Jeez, I dunno. Something new?!?!