Saturday, June 14, 2008

INFP...

I have a lot of work to do today around the house, so I'll make this quick.

I'm a big believer in the Myers-Briggs Personality Tests. I always come up an "INFP." (Click the link to read about the 1% of the population I fall into.)

Basically, I have this internal value set of right and wrong, and when the threshold of "wrong" has been crossed, it's hard for me to ever want to have any dealings with the person who "wronged" me, individually, or society, as a whole. On the other hand, folks that do right by me are always respected and held in high regard.

So, I am writing this as a way to "vent" about some idiocy on the MMP folder at CSW yesterday. Certain folks are asses, plain and simple. Not nice people, not people I'd ever want to deal with.

So, to make myself adhere to my moral compass, I canceled the one preorder I had with them, a preorder for a remake of the game Angola. As much as I like some folks at MMP, there are others who I wish to have no dealings with. So if their hands are in some game designs, I wish to have nothing to do with those games.

Will this change the world?

No.

But it lets my conscience rest easy.

Most people don't understand INFPs, and I can't say I blame them.

19 comments:

Chris M said...

I always liked the Myers-Briggs tests as I usually come out as INTJ, which they categorise as a mastermind! I'm not sure that they're particularly accurate indicators of personality; they remind me a little of horoscopes in that they are good at telling you what you'd like to hear in a very general way (of course, that's just what an INTJ would say...)

Mr. W said...

I'm one who usually poo-poos things like this, but man, as I took it several times and kept on seeing INFP pop up (as it always does), I saw so much of my personality (good and bad) explained. It really was like a door to my inner workings had been opened.

Anonymous said...

I've done the MB test a couple times and both times I've had the same result, a dead tie between INFP and INTP. Even reading the descriptions of both doesn't help me resolve the issue as there are aspects of the 'F' and 'T' that I think apply to me. Either Myer-Briggs is broken, or I am. :)

Mr. W said...

I think we all know the answer to who's broken, Pete...

;-)

Anonymous said...

>>Introvent, iNtuitive, Feeler, Pervert

Mr. BACSIM said...

Well, according to that I turn out as a ENTJ. A rational fieldmarshal as they describe it. Kind of interesting.

Mr. W said...

Rational Fieldmarshal?

Damn, even in personality tests Grant gets in the wargame angle! :-)

Mr. BACSIM said...

I was expecting to get "super slacker". I was more than a little shocked.

Mr. W said...

I dunno -- for the man who donates platelets all the time, I don't think "slacker" would always fit...

Mr. BACSIM said...

Ah, you get to lie back and watch a movie for 2 hours. It's easy!

Mr. W said...

Leeches would work here, too. See, we've come full circle!

Mr. BACSIM said...

Leeches do not pump the unused blood products back into your body!

Hmm, I think I'm signed up for this weekend. I'll have to stop taking aspirin tomorrow. I always forget...

Mr. W said...

Leeches, is there anything they can't do?

(Besides pump unused blood products back into your body?)

Don MacIntosh said...

ISTJ whatever that is. Suggested careers include physician (surgery). Not far off the mark. Maybe there is something to this.

Mr. W said...

Myers-Briggs never lies...

:-)

Mr. W said...

I canceled my Angola preorder on Saturday evening -- I assume MMP got the email Monday morning.

It still shows up on my preorder page.

I'll call tomorrow if this isn't rectified.

(Like I said, I support the MMP guys, and I know they're trying to make a buck, but I won't support the guy heading up the "IGS" line -- enough of being a dick...)

Cazart! said...

I usually come up INTP on these things, but I find I have turned ISTP in my old age.

Cazart! said...

Oh and BTW Cazart = Cox. I found the site....

Mr. W said...

Welcome Mike!

I don't know if I'll change in old age, as I'm already a curmudgeon...