Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Gaming...


While waiting for the VASSAL HIS game to start up, I took over the English position in an ongoing ACTS game after a slow player dropped out. The game is "HIS Bible and Sword" for anyone interested in checking it out. The moves are being done using Cyberboard, while it's being tracked (and cards are dealt) using ACTS. England seems to be in a decent position, we'll see how it plays out.  Since it's been a couple months since I've played, I figured this was a good opportunity to refresh myself with the rules.

Tonight, Bill will be coming by to finish up our 30YW game.  I'll take notes and finish up the AAR in the next few days.  I have a feeling this one is coming down to the end -- I'll need to fend off both the Swedes and the French.  Time to go to the Pope and pray a little (or a lot!).

With summer coming and the impending move, I've gotta figure out how to pack my games into boxes (mostly big ol' plastic recycling boxes).  I want to sell/trade many of them, so I have to keep track of where each game is.  Also, I'll need to have handy the games I'll be playing/hoping to be playing this summer, with my groups and at WBC.  As someone who isn't the most organized person in the world, this is causing me a bit of consternation -- and paralyzing me from doing anything, at the moment...

Oh yeah, as far as the move goes, a house in our neighborhood just sold for $50,000 more than we paid for ours -- and ours is bigger and on more land.  I had heard that the housing market around these parts was pretty good (bucking the national trend), but I'm shocked at some of the high prices I'm seeing.  We need to jump on that bandwagon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take all your Panzer Grenadier games!

Moving sucks, no matter how you do it.

I have a new keg of stout, I should be tapping it this weekend. When the school stuff dies down, I should have you over.

Msample said...

Have you already picked out a new house - the one with the gaming barn ?

I have started sniffing around attending Niagara Con - if one flies into Barfalo airport, is there a shuttle to the hotel ? Or is it easy to grab a ride w/someone ?

Mr. W said...

Sounds good, George! June 26th is the last day...

Mr. W said...

The barn house sold, Marty, and we really can't put down an offer on anything until we officially have ours on the market. Soon...

As for Niagara, that would be great! No shuttle, however, as we're in Ontario, not New York (probably 30-45 minutes from the Barfalo Airport to the Hotel). Picking up a ride would be no problem. Even easier if you flew into Crotchester (but I realize that's usually more expensive).

Mr. BACSIM said...

The Buffalo Airport is very close to the Thruway. Put out word in advance, and there would be a bunch of people from Buffalo or Rochester that could pick you up on the way by.

Don MacIntosh said...

Hell, fly to Halifax and you can come with us!

Mr. W said...

Seems like Marty won't be able to pass up these offers -- I'm betting he goes via Halifax. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The Buffalo airport isn't too far from the Niagara River, and from there it's a short float to the Falls.