Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Countdown...

Well, the countdown to WBC begins -- I'll be getting there on Monday, as Deanna gets back in town. Separate vacations this year... I even bought Manoeuvre, as it's a Tuesday morning/afternoon tourney. I never had any interest in the game until I realized (yesterday) that I'd be able to play it on Tuesday. What the Hell, with my Millennium discount it was reasonably priced.

Of course, this also means that over the next week and a half or so, there won't be many posts here...

I know, I haven't been as "on the ball" lately as I should have been, but with all the house stuff, and the lazy days of summer, it's been tough. I will hope to get back in the groove once I return (or at least by when school starts back up -- I can't believe I just thought that, ugh!).

The Cheyenne training is going well. She's such a smart dog, and quite passive-aggressive! We're trying a "gentle leader" with her now, and this seems to correct her "pulling" problems while on a walk. Of course, it's not the solution, just a measure to be used to get there. I really, really want this girl to listen, in all situations, as her (and my) world will really open if she does. I do have a shock collar, by that's a last resort...

This dog is so damn athletic, if she'd just listen to me better, and not be so ADHD (seriously!), we could do things like agility training, frisbee competitions, flyball, whatever. But first, she needs to do EVERYTHING I tell her to, or she's not welcome...

How I wish we could just communicate in English.

On the gaming front, I've been playing a lot of C&C:Ancients via Vassal. I'm wondering if there would be any interest to set up a little "Zyzzyva" tourney using C&C:A on Vassal. I know several folks here play the game and use Vassal, so if we got 4-8 we could have some fun. I'd make a schedule so that everyone would play the same scenarios and we'd see who would come out on top. Post here (or send me an email) if you're interested. Using Skype would be a big plus, as being able to talk during games really helps. Nothing would be happening before mid-August, at the earliest, but I hope we can generate some interest.

Back to organizing crapola for me...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, if you got a tourney going, please do sign me up!! --Marc

Mr. W said...

Definitely, Marc -- the fun I've had play C&C with you prompted me to think of this!

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Have you gotten my emails ?

Mr. BACSIM said...

Rob, you should remember that even if she could speak English, it doesn't mean she'd listen! As a father of 3, all 9 and under, I can tell you this is an absolute truth. :-)

Mr. W said...

Listen?

She's a dog, so she's got that advantage over humans, but she is female...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Gentle Leader? HAR! When Archie was young he gave me quite a workout on a walk (and still does), so much so that one day he snapped the ring on his choke chain, and another day he snapped the metal clip on his leash. So, figuring the Gentle Leader would be the answer, I bought one. All it did was build up his neck muscles. At the age of 3, he still drags me around the block. I'd like to try a pinch collar next but the local pet stores only have ones for wee little dogs like pugs which you can just lift off the ground if they pull too hard ;) Amazon.com has them, but they won't deliver to Canada. Time to check other sources.

Mr. W said...

Cheyenne hasn't been pulling with the gentle leader, so it's been working (and no Schwarzenegger necks, either!).

We have a pinch collar for her, as well, and Deanna uses this when she takes her jogging.

You could easily find one online, no?

Mr. W said...

Still just Marc and me for the C&C:A on Vassal "league."

We need at least 4-6, 8 would be great...

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, hope you are having fun at WBC!!

I'll check with some more Consim guys I know who play to see if they would be interested!

Mr. W said...

Thanks, Marc!

WBC was a lot of fun.