Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vassal...

Yesterday, I played 2 Command & Colors: Ancients games on Vassal -- Gabiene (A Successors Battle) with Marc Grad and Ilipa (Carthage vs. Rome in Spain) with Scott Courtney. For both games, Skype was used, so it really was just like playing FTF...

The C&C:A set is very intuitive and easy to use. Being able to chat with the guy you're playing with in real time adds to the experience, quite nicely.

I know that my machine is low on RAM, and this often presents a problem, but it didn't yesterday (and one of these days I'll update my computer, dammit!).

Anyway, had a lot of fun playing, and if anyone reading this is up for a Vassal game (and it doesn't have to be C&C:A!), please drop me a line.

Now, to see if I can pick up a game for this evening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to our next match Rob!

Mr. W said...

Me too, Marc! Feel free to Skype me anytime -- if I'm around and have some time, I'll always play!