Monday, December 8, 2008

Cold...

It's cold here, but we have only a dusting of snow. I hate that combo -- cold and no snow. I know, I know, I'll probably regret saying this when it's cold and we have tons of snow...

Don't know what's up on the gaming front this week. I am starting a pbem game of Successors, using Vassal. Man, but Vassal, as beautiful as it is, may be the most unintuitive program I've struggled with in a looooooong time.

Getting more grades done now, as mid-term progress reports are due by the beginning of next week. The grade program we use is also a stupid, clunky program, so I'll be fighting it for a while.

Right now I wish I were on Ocracoke. I need to win MegaMillions and move there. Yes, I did buy a ticket for Tuesday's $170,000,000 drawing. Wish me luck and I'll buy you a prezzie if I win! Oh yeah, gotta get some Christmas shopping done, too. Damn...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck :)

But more importantly let me know what you find difficult with Successor's mod or needs improving- did the programming. Everything should be either left click / right click or drag n drop. Standard mouse operations. Tried to make it intuitive :)

Mr. W said...

Tim, the module is beautiful, I just can't figure some things out. Like where to get control markers to put down!

Anonymous said...

There are no control markers per se - They are inherit to each city. You just right click city and select the faction which controls it

You may have units stacked on the city piece itself - to access it quickly there is a toolbar button on the main menu that turns on/off the units on the map

Mr. W said...

Thank you, Tim, will try!