Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dirty Laundry...

I've always tried to make sure not to air too much dirty laundry here, especially because anyone can stumble upon this site (and friends and family members have told me they've found this blog via a web search). So, while there's a lot I need to vent on, I think I'll just do it privately, maybe in an e-mail to Santa Claus. I feel like the economy -- doing so well one day, then crappy the next. I need things to look up again, for I'm sinking...

Cheyenne got her stitches out last night, but the soap opera continues. The wound is still fairly "raw," so she's not supposed to lick it (can open it up again, theoretically, with too much licking). This means we're still in "Victorian Collar" mode, unless I can watch her. It's OK for her to lick it a little (I'm sure it itches), but she'll obsess over the wound if allowed to... So, she's at the vet's today, and will be Thursday and Friday, as well -- in a run, wearing her Victorian Collar.

What this means, is, well, I'm up in the air for Millennium on Saturday. If things haven't "crusted up" enough, she won't be able to be left alone, and PetSmart won't take her with the Victorian Collar. The vet would take her, but they're open for only limited hours on Saturday, which would make it not worth the effort. This would really suck. I've pretty much been taking care of Cheyenne by myself since this past summer -- I have to find folks who can watch her when I need to do things. I guess that I can board her at PetSmart in the future when I need some time to do stuff, but I can't yet, due to her still healing wound.

I'm hoping I'll be able to make Millennium, at least for a while on Saturday, but I'm unsure at this point. Oh well, the girl's my pride and joy, so if she needs me, she comes first.


Not Cheyenne

9 comments:

Msample said...

If I lived closer I'd take Cheyenne for you in a heartbeat . Poor girl must be going out of her mind .

Anonymous said...

Can you get to Home Depot and buy a white piece of piping? Then you can take Cheyenne to Millenium as a guide dog. Just don't let anyone see you drive up.

Speaking of venting, I have a journal I should burn.

Mr. W said...

She'd definitely have fun romping through the New Hampshire forests...

And I have thought about bringing Cheyenne to Millennium, if all else fails...

Anonymous said...

Rob

Take her over to Mikes. He only comes to Millennium for a few minutes and that's late in the day,, then he's gone.

Cory

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things are rough, Rob. Almost at December break, then it's only one month to NBW!

Hope things pick up soon.

Robin

Mr. BACSIM said...

Hey Winslow, have you gotten my mail? You up for Dec 27th at my house?

Mr. W said...

Mike likes Cheyenne, but I don't think he wants to doggie-sit!

I hope things will pick up soon too, Robin. NBW will be good for my soul.

And yes, Grant, I'm trying to free up the 27th, just not sure yet...

Mr. BACSIM said...

Cool. We've got Bob, Cory, Nels, and Frank so far.

Mr. W said...

I'm trying, I'm trying...

Games and my dog are about it, nowadays...