Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Espana 1936 and boxes...

Worked today -- 8:00 - 3:00. Felt like a workday.

Got home, and their was a box from Boulder Games waiting for me. I knew what it contained, but I didn't have time to open it. Cleaned a bit and packed some stuff up, then later went to Staples for a dozen cardboard "file" boxes and to Home Depot, picking up four 36 gallon storage boxes, so I can pack some more!

(By the way, you do know that it you click on the blue links here [pinkish if you've previously been to that webpage], a link will take you there.)

After getting home and taking Cheyenne for a nice walk, I finally got to open my box. Inside was S&T 249 (Forgotten Napoleonic Battles -- link is to the Egyptian Campaign, there's a sister game on the Russo/Swedish War, as well), Perikles, and the jewel of the cardboard box, Espana 1936. It looks real good -- for $40 (what I paid for it) you get your money's worth, wargame-wise. I really need a chance to just sit down with this one and push some counters. The rules look to be very straightforward, and there are some real clever ideas here. Not a typical CDG, in that movement isn't initiated by cards, just events and battle assets.


Picasso's "Guernica"

In fact, I think I may decide that I need to head down into my "dungeon" and give this one some time right now!

4 comments:

Mr. BACSIM said...

Damn it, I don't *want* another good CDG to learn. I still haven't learned WtP yet! You guys are killin' me.

Mr. W said...

Come on, Grant, you've already crossed over to the dark side, you've gotta just hold your nose and jump in with both feet...

Mr. BACSIM said...

I'm going to make you play FAB: Bulge, just to spite you! :-)

Mr. W said...

OK.

:-)