Friday, July 25, 2008

Franco, Go Away...

Just say NO!

Bill and I finished up our 2nd game of Espana 1936 last evening. Bill won, as the Republicans, so that side is 2-0 so far -- in spite of the fact that most reports say the Nationalists are favored, you can't win with the Republicans, etc. We've found that the Republicans can make spoiling attacks to keep the Nationalists from advancing, plus their 2 offensive cards (assuming you get them) will really work to gum up the works.

In hindsight, our game was close, and if I had one more turn both Toledo and Madrid would have fallen. As it was, they held, and WWII began early.

Excellent game, and I hope to get a write up of our first 6 turns up some time (I forgot to write down the last four).

But it will have to be a day when it's not as nice as it is now. I think I'll go expose my ghastly white skin to some rays, then take Cheyenne out for some fun.

And I've still got this dreaded house work hanging over my head...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun this week!

Unknown said...

I've gotta check Espana out. Always wanted a good game on the Spanish CW. Picked up an S&T a few years ago with a tactical game, but it didn't work too well!

Mr. W said...

A lot of gaming this week -- I love it!

Mr. W said...

Espana 1936 is an excellent game, Marc.

I think there's even a Vassal module for it -- or one is in the works!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rob, I'm gonna check it out!!

Anonymous said...

That was me...not sure why sometimes I can get my message to post and sometimes I can't ;-)

Mr. W said...

Marc,

I hope you enjoy it!

Charles Vasey said...

Glad to see the recommendation worked.

Mr. W said...

Yes, it most certainly did!