Thursday, July 10, 2008

WBC on the Horizon...

As far as I'm concerned, WBC can't come soon enough. This first part of the summer -- between packing and dealing with some of Deanna's children (and I'll be nice and leave it at that) -- has been horrible. I vow never to put up with this crap again. In the future, I will take a separate vacation for 4 weeks if it comes to that. I wish I had done that this year.

So, I have WBC to look forward to. That's about it for the future.

Training Cheyenne, fishing, and (I hope) golf will have to keep me occupied otherwise.

Thinking about possibilities for the future, I wonder what would be nice vacation spots for a single guy? There's always visiting family and friends (San Francisco, Washington, DC, Denver, Seattle, Tulsa), or perhaps going on a fishing outing somewhere cool. I'll have to think about that...

Sorry, I don't mean to sound bitter, but I really can't take any more doors slamming at 12:20 AM, phones ringing at 2:00 AM or nights of being up past 4:00 (and not because I want to be -- last night being an excellent example).

I'd type something more interesting, but, frankly, I'm too exhausted...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rob, sorry to hear about your misadventures. May I recommend for your vacation consideration a quick trip to Europe? I leave Tuesday for 2 days in London, then 4 days in Belgium touring a few 18th and 19th century battlefields, then back to London for a final 2 days. Evenings are spent eating and drinking wine and talking history. Not Kathy's cup of tea, so she's sending me off while she enjoys a little alone time. Last year, she gave me a similar trip for our 20th anniversary (we went to Alaska together earlier) and said her gift was not having to go! As it happens there's one spot left on the tour; sure, the last-minute air fare may be a bit steep and the exchange rate sucks, but a small price to pay for avoiding the step-kids! TN

Msample said...

"doors slamming at 12:20 AM, phones ringing at 2:00 AM or nights of being up past 4:00"


Look at it as training for the Lancaster Host/WBC .

Sorry to hear about the stepbrats . I too am looking forward to WBC.

As far as vacations go, a week of camping/fishing in the Adirondacks would do you a world of good IMO.

Mr. BACSIM said...

It's funny. I'm finding that WBC is killing my summer. I spend all of July waiting for August to go to the Con!

Mr. BACSIM said...

BACSIM tomorrow!

Mr. W said...

Tim,

Sounds like fun. Perhaps I will have to join you one of these years!

Mr. W said...

Marty,

A week fishing in the Adirondacks would be most excellent. The last time I did that was a loooong time ago. Stayed in a little cabin a friend owned on an island in the middle of nowhere. We'd go fishing down a different stream each day, catch delicious little brookies.

I do need to do that again. Of course, I still need to buy my kayak (funds, luckily, will be freed up after the move).

Mr. W said...

Grant,

I wish I could go tomorrow, but I'm stuck here :-(