Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot and Humid...

Days like today -- my computer is reading 87F and it's predicted to get into the low nineties -- with heat and humidity remind me so much of what I didn't like about the Washington, DC area, in addition to the traffic!



This will be a short post today, as I plan to take Cheyenne up to Irondequoit and the big fenced yard to work with her a little (too miserable for much more) and try to tire her out for tonight. Bill is coming by to play another game of Espana 1936, and this time I get to be the Franco-led Nationalists. I know I owe an AAR on an Espana game, perhaps I'll jot some notes down this evening. Mike has also said he'd stop by so I bought extra beer, Amstel Light this time, because I like it and because it's low in the carb count (for beer, certainly -- 5g per 12 ounce bottle).

I'll have to decide tonight between beer or rum and cokes -- both excellent hot weather drinks, assuming the beer is nice and cold!

Oh, Deanna and her spawn are off to the University of Barfalo today and tomorrow for her eldest's orientation. It is so liberating to be a bachelor again, if even for just 36 or so hours. Time to kick back and enjoy life for a bit...

4 comments:

Msample said...

Couldn't you have sent the spawn somewhere a little farher away, like U of Anchorage or something ?

What day are you arriving at WBC ?

Mr. W said...

I wish -- U of Moscow would've been cool...

I'll be at WBC early on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I think Stony Brook on Long Island is the state school farthest away from Rochester.

Mr. W said...

No "Montauk State?"

(sp?)