Thursday, July 31, 2008

Powerwashing and A/C #%%*@#&*@#...

Hot day, with rain forecast for the afternoon.

Plan for Day:

1. Get some sun.
2. Powerwash deck.
3. Walk dog.
4. Run errands.
5. Pack more stuff.

1. Hot and muggy by late morning, so I lay my blanket out, open the basement doors (for Cheyenne), put out her water in the shade, and soak up some rays. Car guys call -- what I need to get A/C always working will be cheaper from the dealer, a "triple pressure switch" that isn't cycling properly. No time, so I go back to the sun. Effin' car guys.

2. Now that I'm all sweaty, figure it's a good time to wash the deck. Get powerwasher lent to me, hook it up, and mix up deck wash fluid. Get it started, insert hose in deck wash, and start spraying away. Hmmm... No suds. Watch level of fluid -- it's not going down. Force of water does a pretty good job, but I need deck wash working, and I just can't get it to take. Damn.

3. Go to Starbucks after a shower for coffee. Then Cheyenne and I go to Cobb's Hill, for a walk. Sweltering, why did I take a shower again? I want to take a picture of Cheyenne in front of the cityscape, but she won't sit still. I realize I have no "poop bag," so I go back to the car to get a bunch of napkins, just in case. Luckily, she pees a lot, but no poop. Whew.



4. I hate running errands. Put Cheyenne in her crate and go. Buying more recycling bins (for games), and a little widget to plug a plumbing leak. Also need to pick up some more books on CD for the trip to/from Lancaster. Go to the library and find 3 books to take. Really sweltering outside. A/C no longer works.

5. Pack more stuff. In a few will get back to doing same.

And here, I thought summer vacation was supposed to be fun, interspersed with unfun things once in a while, not the other way around...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, driving to Lancaster with no AC would really help in cultivating that hard core grognard funk if you want wood.

Mr. W said...

I'm kind of a clean freak (one of those OCD thangs...). The smell of grungy others repulses me. Perhaps it hardens me to beat their asses for some wood! ;-)

When the a/c heads south on Monday, I'll just have to keep the speed up for a nice breeze...

I hope...

Dave Shaw said...

Rob, when I first read your to-do list, I swear no. 2 said, "Powerwash dog." I thought, poor Cheyenne, she must be REALLY dirty!

Mr. W said...

Ouch!

As much as she loves water, well...

Mr. BACSIM said...

What day are you driving down?

Quit your whining about fun. You've played a hell of a lot more games than most of us this summer.

Mr. W said...

But, but, but...

That's why I teach, dammit!!!